Panda Conservation Project
Pandas have become a worldwide symbol for animal conservation. However, many people do not know the severity of what the future holds for these beautiful animals. Although pandas have been taken off the endangered list, an increase in conservation efforts is still needed to ensure their chance of survival and to strive once again in their natural habitat. Pandas are well known for their incredibly slow reproduction rate, so this along with the threat of poachers and environmental damage to their habitat, is of course slowing the rate of population further. F&Y Consultant holds this issue very close to our hearts. Therefore, we are offering the chance for you to volunteer at one of Chinas prestige Panda reservation centres. In your experience you will have the chance to get up and close with the bears, cleaning out their enclosures, washing and feeding them and of course receiving lots of Panda cuddles! Your work experience will vary on a daily basis, yet, one thing for sure is that you will go away feeling a huge sense of achievement, knowing your personal efforts have helped save the future of this amazing animal! You will be given an official certificate after your week volunteering which can be a constant reminder of your amazing efforts!
Volunteers should show an interest in wildlife conservation along with a passion for animal welfare. It is best to remember that flexibility and patience serve well for a volunteer.
The conservation centre requires all participants to provide a record of all immunizations along with a physical record dating back no longer than 3 months. Please note these need to be original paper format.
Children from 8-18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian
Each day will hold a new and exciting adventure working with giant Pandas! This volunteer project is very hands-on and you will be interacting directly with the Pandas. Your volunteer at the Ya’an Bifengxia will include:
- Cleaning animal enclosures
- Bathing the animals
- Helping with basic medical treatments
- Animal observation and behavioural documentation
- General maintenance and centre repairs including landscaping, fencing, e.c.t
Ya’an is located in the Sichuan Province of China, Ya’an sits in the highlands about 1000 meters above sea level. The local climate has 4 distinctive seasons. Pandas living in the Bifengxia centre live in large personal cages with indoor and outdoor spaces, these are semi natural enclosures protected by a fence. This way, the pandas experience the process to adjust to a natural environment before being released back into the wild.
Meals and Accommodations:
Accommodation is provided along with 3 meals per day on weekdays and 2 meals per day on weekends. Two volunteers will share a room with a private bathroom.
In Chengdu Youth Hostel 4/6 volunteers share a room with a public bathroom.
Please note: Electricity in China is 220 volts, if you require a device that does not accept 220 volts at 50 Hertz, you will need a voltage converter, this should be purchased in advance.
The project is 30 minutes walking distance from the local clinic for non-emergencies. If you require urgent hospital care the staff will facilitate this. Please note: the centre is not responsible for any medical costs, this sits with the volunteer. The emergency medical phone number in China is 120, our staff however, will of course will help you in any case of an emergency.
A typical day volunteering at the Bifengxia panda base:
- 8:30-10:00am- Volunteers clean enclosures (indoor and outdoor) and give the Pandas breakfast, depending on the weather this should take 1 hour 30 minutes.
- 10:00-11:30am-Volunteers feed the Pandas their second meal of the day
- 30-14:30pm-Fist afternoon feeding
- 14:00pm-Second diner feeding
Please note: this schedule can vary depending on staff needs and current conditions
About the CONSERVATION PROJECT Ya’An Bi FengXia Base of CCRCGP
Located 18km from downtown Yaan, Ya’An Bifengxia Panda base was created to imitate the Pandas natural environment. This is to ensure the success of rearing and breeding. The centre also cares for other endangered species alongside the Pandas. The base is surrounded by Verdant Bamboo, wild flowers, a natural hill scene and beautiful views.
- D1 Chengdu Sunday Arrive in Chengdu
- D2 Chengdu Monday After breakfast. A visit to Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, by bus followed by a walk around the city centre of Chengdu. You will have the chance to take a look inside one of the world’s first panda post office and Tianfu squre , followed by a visit to Kuan zhai alley; of which there are three parallel-arranged old style streets and courtyard houses. You will then have a taste of Gaiwancha in people ‘s park and Chengdu delicious hotpot will be waiting for you upon your arrival back to base.
- D3 Tuesday morning you will go to Bifengxia panda base via the bus, here you will get a chance to get your work clothes and volunteer cards，you will also have access to look around the Panda base.
- D4-D6 Wednesday, Thursday and Friday Volunteers will clean the Panda living enclosures (indoor and outdoor) and give the Pandas their breakfast of bamboo and panda cakes. Depending on weather conditions, this should take a about an hour and a half. You will then feed the Pandas their second meal of carrots, apples, panda cakes, followed by the Pandas’ dinner of bamboo and panda cakes Please note: this schedule may change depending on staff needs and current conditions. You will have a chance to make dumplings In the evening when you return the work clothes and the volunteer cards to the base office on Friday evening, following the presentation of your certificate.
- D7 Saturday Departure for Chengdu
Include :Food and accommodation fee,transportation cost in Chengdu and ya an Not include the fee of flight ticket from your country to Chengdu China, and other Personal expenses
- A.Primary school students age 8-12 will cost GBP £1,899 for a child with a parent .and each 5 family team will have a team leader.
- B. Middle school students age 13-17 will cost GBP £1,111. each 5 students team will have a team leader.
- C. The College students and adult will cost GBP £999, each 10 persons team will have a team leader (Ten persons group will be made.)
Date of Departure
- 1. August 21st ,2017
- 2. October 1, 2017
Tickets running out fast, act now to avoid disappointment!